- This event has passed.
Hayward Cuddle Party® – Saturday March 4
March 4 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Cuddle Party® is a non-sexual communication and consent workshop where we practice asking for what we want and expressing our boundaries. We aim to be inclusive for all identities, orientations, and ages beyond 18 🙂
We’ll begin the event with a Welcome Circle where we introduce ourselves, go over the rules of Cuddle Party®, and do some exercises to help practice the rules of cuddling. Following the Welcome Circle we’ll have a few hours for free-style cuddles and hangouts with potluck snacks. We’ll end with a short closing circle to reflect and transition out of the event. More info available here https://cuddleparty.com/what-is-a-cuddle-party/
Please arrive between 1- 1:15pm. If you are later than 1:30 you will be turned away. (NOTE: This is a workshop about holding boundaries and one of the ways I will model it will be around time. There is always traffic on 880. Leave time to find parking. Thank you for your support)
- Address will be in your confirmation email when ticket is purchased (Scroll all the way to the bottom!)
- Street parking available in residential neighborhood. 3.1 miles from Hayward BART and 4.5 from Bay Fair BART.
- There is a flight of stairs to the living room the cuddle space is in. Half bathroom and changing room available on same floor.
- No pets are in the residence.
- This is a LOW-SCENT event. Do not use perfume, cologne or other scented products. Do not wear clothes that have been exposed to smoke, incense, or dryer sheets. Using scent-free bath and laundry products is encouraged.
- Vaccination with at least one booster required (recent booster strongly recommended): Bring your Vaccination Card, or digital verification can be accessed here https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov
- If you feel sick or you’ve had a recent exposure to COVID or MPX, stay home! You may request a refund through Eventbrite up until the event start. Monitor yourself for the following symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/monkeypox/symptoms.html
- Temperature check and Rapid Antigen test will be performed at the door. Test must be negative for admittance
- Rapid test will be provided, but you’re welcome to bring your own
- Mask required before rapid test result, and optional after
- Windows will be open if the temperature is comfortable. If the windows are closed we will have additional air filter fans running
Suggested stuff to bring:
- Snacks or non-alcoholic beverages to share (bringing something just for yourself is ok too)
- Pajamas or other comfy clothes with additional layers (think drawstring more than lacy)
- Warm socks or indoor slippers
- Blankets, pillows, or fluffy things to enhance your experience (there will also be plenty available at the house)
Want to see who’s going, make new Buds, and chat with fellow attendees before coming? We’re collaborating with the Bloom Community App to help our community connect! Bloom is a consent-forward social and events app where folks can meet around events like ours. We invite you to check out Hayward Cuddle Party on the Bloom Community App https://bl.ooo/m/hayward-cuddle-partyr-saturday-march-4
Any other questions? You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for anything I missed. I look forward to seeing you there!
Presented by Scoby – Cuddle Party® Facilitator, Relationship and Intimacy Coach, https://www.emotionalfermentation.com, she/gender ambivalent, Ashkenazi, lives and hosts on unceded Ohlone lands and supports the Sogorea Te’ Land Trust to give back.
Cuddle Party INC. is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Our mission and purpose is to promote and enable empowered consent, choice and nurturing touch. Learn more at http://www.cuddleparty.com/