Online At Your Own Pace/
In-Person Four Day Workshop
Foundations of Facilitation includes two parts: An online program that gets you up and running right away, and a four-day in-person workshop to refine and hone your skills in real-time. If you can get there in person, you will benefit from interacting directly with the trainers and other students, and it’s more fun!
For many people, getting to a live training is prohibitive, and in that case, the virtual training on its own works well. Both are included in your tuition!
You Will Learn How To:
- Create safe, non-sexual space to allow connection between your participants
- Lead workshops that leave your participants feeling touched, open, valued and nurtured
- Generate an environment where everyone communicates more authentically
- Listen profoundly
- Create a powerful relatedness with strangers quickly and easily
- Be more open to others and able to give and receive comfortably
- Create strong boundaries for yourself without shutting others down
- Tools for building a strong, intimate community
- Advanced tools for handling rejection
- Communication techniques that open people up to discuss intimacy, desires, fears and needs
Access to online materials, covering the entire curriculum. You have this access permanently.
Access to an ongoing series of group coaching calls via video conference
Attendance at a live, in-person training, which is offered regularly around the world
Who Takes the Training?
four day training
Caretakers, teachers, workshop instructors, group facilitators, community builders, dance and drama instructors, coaches, massage therapists, healers, social workers and the like will find much of value to their fields in this training, though the training is by no means limited to professionals in these fields. Previous participants have come from backgrounds as diverse as computer administration, art history, and even acting. The skills gained in this training will benefit anyone who leads groups, whether in the boardroom, on the nature trail, or in a studio.
The In-Person Curriculum
Our time together will include lots of opportunities to practice and hone your facilitation skills. We also will dive deeper on the material covered in the online training:
5:30 pm – 10 pm The first night of training we experience an actual Cuddle Party event to see what it’s all about and get to know our fellow participants in a fun, relaxing environment.
10 am – 6 pm You’ll learn how to set the tone for your participants, who you are as a facilitator, what “creating safety” means (and doesn’t mean), and how to expand your quality of listening.
10 am – 6 pm We’ll explore deeper listening, how to address participants’ concerns, your self-care, limits and boundaries as a facilitator, and concrete skills to create a trustworthy container for your event.
10 am – 6 pm We’ll dive into managing expectations, using clear intentions as a tool for powerful experiences, how to facilitate through the unexpected and aftercare for yourself and your participants.